For me, the thyroid is a big mystery for most of the women. They don?t know where it is until they feel some problems in the throat.
Your doctor is the one telling you that you have some signs of a thyroid disease.
The thyroid gland is in a form of a butterfly located at the beginning of your neck. It produces hormones that affect all of your body systems.
When abnormality of these hormones reflects on the condition of your body. When there is an excess of thyroid hormones, you feel hyperactive. When these hormones are absent, you are feeling weak and dizzy.
It?s messed up.
This gland itself is exposed to risks and attracts various diseases.
If you wonder what?s happening with your thyroid gland and how it works in your body, you can perform a regular check up using only a mirror and a glass of water.
Yep. You can do this at your home.
Here is how:
- Lift your head up and drink a sip of water.
- Watch the movement of the thyroid gland on the mirror
- Repeat this a couple of times taking larger and smaller sips.
- Keep your focus on your thyroid gland to notice some unusual changes
- If something unusual happens while you are swallowing the sip, you have to call your doctor. Don?t overreact, though.
Perform this procedure only if you feel that something is not right in your throat.
You can track the health of the gland every day. Especially if these ?problems with thyroid? run in the family.
If you are not noticing any changes or problems with this gland, rest assured. You are healthy and running!
Have you ever performed a check up like this? ? Share your experience with us.
Don?t forget to share this with all of your friends. Some significant issues could be caught right at their start, and you can prevent them.