Nobody is perfect; we all have lapses when it comes to our diet and exercise. Whether you have been enjoying a long, well deserved vacation or just haven’t been making the healthiest choices, there is a natural remedy to help get you back on track and reset your digestive track. In addition, anyone looking to lose weight and jump start any goal, this is an effective remedy to help get you started.
A colon cleanse can be used to flush toxins from the body and restore the digestive system. The best part about it too is it is simple to make; it’s only three ingredients!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has a plethora of useful and medicinal properties. There have been resources written on all the amazing benefits that Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has regarding multiple physical ailments as well as cleaning and DIY purposes.
Apple Cider Vinegar in its raw form is an excellent digestive tonic, it?s so rich in living enzymes that help to break food down to its bare components, making it far easier to assimilate. As I mentioned before it?s an important source of acid which enables the first step of digestion to work effectively, stirring up those digestive juices helps immensely with the rest of the digestive processes. The acetic acid present in ACV has also been shown to help with mineral absorption, enabling us to get the most out of the foods we eat.
Today, honey is used for far more practical reasons. Research has shown that honey?s active phytonutrients, antibacterial and antifungal properties contribute to an array of health benefits you can enjoy.
Organic, raw, unprocessed honey provides many excellent health benefits, partly in thanks to a phenolic compound it contains, known as eugenol. Unfiltered honey also provides the body with probiotics, which help to restore healthy bacteria to the digestive system. These friendly bacteria help the body digest food and absorb nutrients.
Signs You Need to Cleanse
It is important to note that the symptoms listed below may be a result of some other health condition. However, if you are generally feeling ok and healthy, but experiencing some of the symptoms listed below your body could use a cleanse.
- Low Energy/Fatigued- Typically, it is a sign that you need to cleanse if you wake up feeling tired and sluggish and this state does not improve throughout the day.
- Constipated- Digestive problems are a common sign that a cleanse is needed.
- Brain Fog/Unable to Focus- Toxins, like candida and heavy metals, can affect your ability to focus. If you find yourself constantly daydreaming or experiencing mental fog a detox may be in order.
- Overweight or Trouble Losing Weight- Like many of the other symptoms toxins in your body can prohibit you from losing the extra weight you desire to shed.
- Trouble Sleeping- Melatonin signals the body for sleep, but an excessively toxic body can reduce the amount of melatonin that is released, which can result in insomnia or bad, restless sleep.
- Unexplained Soreness/Stiffness- Feeling sore and stiff when you didn?t do any recent physical activity is a sign to cleanse. You feel sore and stiff because of excess toxins in your body.
- Skin Problems- Unhealthy skin, in the form of dry skin, rashes and acne, can be a sign that your body needs to cleanse.
Natural Colon Cleanse
- 8 ounces of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- Shake the apple cider vinegar to mix up the unfiltered part that settles at the bottom.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture until the honey dissolves.
- Drink each morning or any time throughout the day.