If you are a coffee lover, and usually start your day with a cup of this hot drink, then, this recipe is certainly something you would try.
The coffee creamer we write about in this article will not only make your coffee healthier, but it? will also significantly boost your metabolism.
Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer- recipe
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder (optional)
The ratios for this recipe can be adjusted to your taste, so, in case you don?t like your coffee sweet,?you can skip or cut back the?honey.
Method of preparation:
All you need to do is to mix all of the ingredients in a bowl?and stir until they?re well combined. Then, store the?coffee creamer mixture?in a glass jar.
Brew your favorite cup of coffee, and until it is still hot, add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil coffee creamer to it. Now blend the coffee and?creamer on high for approximately?5 seconds and your hot healthy coffee is ready!
The beneficial effects of coconut oil are due to the medium-chain fatty acids it contains, instead of long-chain fatty acids. A?study?found that eating?1 to 2 tablespoons of medium chain fats, such as coconut oil,?per day increased energy expenditure by 5%, which totals to 120 calories daily for an average person.
Namely, medium chain fatty acids are quickly used for energy a soon they enter the body, which significantly boosts the metabolism.
Why I Use Coconut Creamer
- Unlike adding cold milk or cream, coconut oil creamer doesn?t cool down my hot cup of coffee.
- It doesn?t dilute the flavor. I like my coffee strong, and milk and cream, especially non-dairy milk, can water it down.
- Coconut oil is always?on-hand, whereas dairy creamers expire and you?re sometimes stuck drinking black coffee, which just isn?t my thing.
- I feel alert and energized for longer than I would with just coffee alone.
- It is not “greasy” and doesn’t leave my coffee oily