Whether you smoke or not, your lungs need regular cleansing; since second hand smoking, industrial and vehicular pollution can also cause damage to your lungs and airways. Over time, toxins from mold and bacteria can destroy the health of your lungs and even lead to fatal conditions, such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Why Must You Clean Your Lungs?
Alex Myles explains:
Simply by living on this planet and inhaling the air surrounding us we can pick up harmful toxins that stick to the lungs like debris and reduce the lungs elasticity. As the lungs become clogged up with toxins their ability to expand so that they can fully inhale enough oxygen can be dramatically limited. The cellular lining of the walls of our lungs regenerate every two to three weeks, however, the alveoli, the deeper tissue, takes around a year to regenerate. (source)
Regular detoxification helps in smooth functioning of lungs and quick expulsion of toxins. While current and past smokers are aware that the best way to detox their lungs is by quitting smoking, non-smokers find it difficult to choose the best out of a hundred ways to easily revitalize?themselves. To help everyone cleanse and rejuvenate naturally, eliminate toxins from their bodies and strengthen their immune system, Healthy Life Tricks has come up with a three-day detox program.
However, to help your body prepare for this short detox, it is important that you must get rid of all the dairy products two days before you begin your detox. Additionally an evening before the purification process, drink a cup of your favorite herbal green tea before going to bed to release toxins from the intestines.
Once you are ready, follow these steps each day for three days:
1. In a 300 ml glass of warm water, add a quarter cup of lemon juice (juice of about two lemons) and drink it before breakfast.
2. During breakfast, drink 300 ml of pineapple or grapefruit juice. These juices contain natural antioxidants that help improve the respiratory system and clean your lungs.
3. To alkalize your body for the detox, drink at least 300 ml of freshly squeezed carrot juice between breakfast and lunch.
4. During lunch, drink 400 ml of juice rich in potassium such as beets, parsley, oranges, banana, tomatoes, dates, and figs.
5. In the evening, before going to bed, drink 400 ml of cranberry juice to fight infection causing bacteria in the lungs.
6. Take a 20-minute hot water shower to remove toxins through the skin.
7. If you want, you can also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to hot water and inhale the steam to purify your lungs naturally. The expectorant compound found in eucalyptus helps in soothing sore throat, congestion and sinus problems.
8. Practice deep breathing for half an hour every day to flush out the impurities from your lungs.
After The Detox:
Your lungs will be in considerably better shape after three days post which you can start eating dairy again, though you must try to keep it to a minimum. After the three-day detox is over, you must make it a habit to stay hydrated, and stay active. You must make it a lifestyle choice to eat a balanced, healthy and well-varied diet. You will never have to do this three-day detox again if you include oregano in your diet; oregano is rich in natural decongestants and histamine reducers that aid in smooth nasal airflow and better functioning of the respiratory tract.