Anyone who thinks detox is unimportant or bogus? — ahem, much of the conventional medical community? — ?is not serving you or your body. It?s plain foolish to think you can sidestep or escape the 80,000 chemicals in our environment.
?Detox? may be a trendy buzzword, but it?s an absolutely necessary step in your health regimen. If you ignore it, your health will suffer.
The body has a natural ability to rid itself of toxins, such as heavy metals. But, in today?s world, this natural ability is severely compromised. Overexposure results in toxins finding their way into your fat cells and brain tissue.
No matter how hard you try to minimize exposure, toxins still get in.
The necessity for detoxification is based upon the principle that immunodeficiency, inflammatory and degenerative diseases, from allergies to arthritis to Alzheimer?s, result from the toxic, accumulative effects of poisonous substances and pathogens within the body.
According to reports by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the average person now has 212 environmental chemicals in their blood? (?things like mercury, lead, cadmium and industrial chemicals).
The World Health Organization goes even further, with studies claiming over ~700 chemicals in our bodies.
No matter which reports you choose, it?s essential to have a strong digestive system and well-functioning detox pathways?, and here?s how you can help those:
1. Consume antioxidants: For every molecule of toxin metabolized in phase I (such as from cigarette smoke or pesticides), you generate one free radical molecule. Free radicals damage DNA and accelerate wear and tear on the body, similar to rust on a car. Taking vitamin C and E, Alpha lipoic acid, flavonoids, carotenoids, and glutathione helps neutralize the free radicals you?re making each day.
2. Use an infrared sauna: Infrared saunas are THE most effective way of detoxing metals and chemicals from your fat. These saunas have many health benefits, including cancer treatment and prevention, detoxification and killing infections like parasites, yeast and mold.
3. Simple daily detox: Zeolite is one of the easiest and best ways to detox if you cannot afford the time or expense of a rigorous detox program. It removes toxic heavy metals, chemicals, VOCs, radioactive toxins and free radicals without removing vital nutrients.
You MUST think about detox daily, which is why you must ALSO register for The Heavy Metals Summit[/end link] (free and online)!
4. Eat your veggies: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and brussels sprouts contain sulphur, which help you reduce estrogen dominance and support both phase I and phase II detoxification.
5. Reduce alcohol: Alcohol impacts both phase I and phase II detox pathways. Women who drink 3 to 6 servings of alcohol per week have a 15 percent greater risk of breast cancer compared to nondrinkers, according to the Nurses? Health Study. This is because your liver metabolizes excess estrogen. And if you can?t get rid of that excess estrogen, you?re going to have weight gain and potentially even cancer.