Pineapple is much more than a delicious treat; it is loaded with essential nutrients and antioxidants that protect your cells from damage caused by exposure to harmful substances. Bromelain, a mixture of substances found in pineapple, has been shown to reduce inflammation, inhibit tumor growth, and prevent excessive blood clotting when given in therapeutic doses.
Eating this superfood and other fruits may also protect your eyes against macular degeneration, according to a study published in the June 2004 issue of “Archives of Ophthalmology.” The substances found in pineapple also aid in energy production and provide support for the immune system.
Many of the health benefits of pineapple come from its high vitamin C content. Your body uses vitamin C to protect your DNA and other molecules from damage caused by reactive oxygen species and free radicals. You also need vitamin C to produce collagen and enhance iron absorption. Pineapple is an excellent source of manganese, a mineral needed to form strong bones, connective tissue, and sex hormones. Manganese helps regulate your blood sugar level, aids in calcium absorption, and plays a role in carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Other nutrients found in pineapple include:
- Fiber, critical for digestion and weight loss (for even more fiber, try brazil nuts)
- Folic acid, important for red blood cell production and helps prevent Alzheimer’s
- Pantothenic acid, needed for energy production and fat metabolism
- Vitamin B1, or thiamin is food for the nervous system and reduces risk for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Vitamin B6, critical for brain health and metabolism of carbs
- Copper, is needed for tissue strength in bones and blood cells
Pineapple – The natural born detoxifier
There are many toxins in our body. Somehow we found a way to live with them. They are slowly damaging our bodies. Therefore, it’s crucial for you to do your best and clear them out of your body. Of course, your body does that by itself. But with all the other tasks it does, I think it’s time for you to help the process. By the show of hands, how many of you drink at least 2 liters of water per day?
Let me guess, you forgot to drink water today. The worldwide results are devastating. Your body is a powerful machine that needs to be fueled to stay healthy. Either way, it will get rusty and there are the diseases to give you bigger problems. To avoid all that here is a diet that will help you detoxify your body.
Click here to take the first step towards opting out of chronic illness, medication, and a lifetime of lost opportunities
Before we get down to it and you start making it you should know this
The pineapple diet is interesting way of eliminating the retained fluid in the body. It’s made like an eating plan for 4 days that will allow you to drop few kilos and detoxify your body. You should be warned that the excessive use of this diet could lead to different results. As you know your body needs all nutritional requirements to be in a good shape and health. Perform this diet for 4 days and nothing more. After that, get back on your healthy diet.
- Breakfast – 2 Slices of organic pineapple + whole-grain toast spread with low sugar jam
- Lunch – 2 Slices of organic pineapple with 200 grams of grilled tuna, seasoned with olive oil, pepper and salt
- Dinner – 2 slices of pineapple with 200 grams of chicken breast grilled and lettuce salad dressed with olive oil and vinegar
- Breakfast – 2 Slices of pineapple with a slice of bread spread with low-fat cheese
- Lunch – Beef steak grilled, seasoned with tablespoon of olive oil and 2 slices of pineapple for dessert
- Dinner – Make a light cream with purifying plant vegetables. Finish with two slices of pineapple
- Repeat menu of Day 1
- Repeat the menu of Day 2
This diet seems very interesting. This is a low-calorie diet and you can expect some feelings of hunger, lack of energy and anxiety. Don’t be scared of that. You’ll get used to it. That’s your body reacting on this diet. It needs time to understand what’s going on. People who are suffering from HBP, diabetes, and kidney problems should avoid this diet. Consult a doctor before taking a step further. Make sure the features of this fruit are not interacting with the chemicals in the drugs you are taking for your problem.
Who’s up for this challenge? I really think I will try it. Maybe some of your friends will get interested into this. Why don’t you share it and see who is going to join you.